Michael Ryan Photography - I waited more than two years for my wedding photos

Forest Park, Illinois 6 comments

Got married on June 17 2005 and had a contract with a photographer out of Arcola IL. (Michael Ryan Photography). (Time frame is Jan06 to present)

1. There were never any pictures of my husband and his family taken (grandparents-some of which are gone now, parents,bro/sis ect..)

2. I received the proof book of our wedding 1 year after the wedding

3. Still have not received the $500 credit worth of photos (that was in our contract) he says they are on order

4. Paid for an extra CD with images-took from Jan. when paid for to Sept. to receive.

Review about: Wedding Photography.

Comments

I had a similar experience when I used Michael Ryan for my July 2007 wedding.I eventually settled for the disk containing my wedding photos, but this was more than a year after the wedding.

I heard that he has tried to set up a photography business in Urbana, IL in 2010. I hope potential customers read this and reconsider.

He always had a lame brained excuse for the delay, and the few pictures he did provide were of inferior quality.I've had better results at Walgreen's.

Rachel - your comment leads me to believe that you are familiar with Michael Ryan?I loved the photos that Michael took of our wedding, and we were lucky enough to get the digital images from it.

We waived a lawsuit for the $1500.00 in prints he owed us if he would provide us with the digital images.I'm curious if he is still trying to get the couples their images, just slowly.

im hoping that the comment of the couple moved was not directed toward myself, we still live in the same place today, and it should be a given as to who to take pictures of, when you tell someone, hey ya, that is my husbands grandpa, mom, dad, did you know that you should take their picture, if not you have a problem.duh...by the way never did still get the $500 worth of credit for larger pictures for wall hanging.

still have the order just sitting on the website..waiting forever.jessied78

My wife and I hired Mr. Ryan to photograph our wedding back in June of 2007. We also had the same difficulties. We eventually contacted the States Attorney and attempted to press charges and sue him. He threatened to file bankruptcy on us if we sued, which would have caused us to be out even more in legal fees.

In the long run we ended up shorted over $1800 dollars worth of merchandise we were promised by our contract.

Last I heard from the office of the States Attorney and from Arcola's Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Ryan had left town. I hope that in the future, others will search "Michael Ryan Photography" and find out how many others he has taken advantage of; on a day which is supposed to be the most important day of our lives...

#205422

Rachel....my name is Tanya Rashan...Michael Ryan did my wedding photos on July 8, 2006 and we never received our wedding album.Also numerous attempts were made to contact him to figure out how to use our album credit since he did engagement photos as part of our package as well...we were never contacted in return.

We would either like our album or at least the dvd with all the photos. My father passed away in Feb 2007 and outside of the obvious fact that I want our album I also have some great memories with my dad that I would like to have.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!My cell phone number is 773-799-5458 and my email is tanyarashan@yahoo.com

#193245

This couple moved and could not be reached.That's why it took so long to get photos, also signed a form detailing what photos were to be taken.

If they didn't get some of parents etc.they didn't put them on the list.

View more comments